This is a big collaborative project that my art students did together. They loved picking out the "warm" colors for the body of the lion versus the "cold" colors for the mane and tail. I always think that collaborative projects are going to be messy and result in chaos but this one was a big hit. I drew an outline of a lion on a large sheet of paper and gave them cut pieces of construction paper and glue sticks. They went to town!

This is another American Girl project from the 2016-17 school year. The kids created teepees from paper, colored them and then added them to a landscape made from Crayola Model Magic (that stuff is magical, let me tell you).
These two adorable penguin sculptures were created in my Art Around the World class back in 2016-17. The class was a mixture of art and geography and that week we were talking about Antarctica. Our book of the day was "The Penguin Who Hated the Cold", a lovely addition to this craft. Again, Crayola Model Magic saved the day with these sculptures.
The snowy months wouldn't have been the same without these sock snowmen. This was hands down one of my favorite projects. I bought a package of mens socks (tall ones), cut off the end (not the toe end) and we stuffed the remainder of the sock full of rice. We added a rubberband for the neck and to seal off the top of the head (the hat on the snowmen is the piece we cut off previously) and then hot glued faces, buttons and ribbons on.

This project was another one that my Art Around the World students completed using, you guessed it, Crayola Model Magic. I outlined South America on a piece of cardstock and the kids spread the clay within the outline, creating dips and rises to portray the geographical landscape. Paint, let dry and they were ready to go!
Along with out South American studies, my art and geography students created toucans! I loved this project. We used paper plates, paint, markers, tissue paper and glue. It was fantastic. Our paper plate can be seen being used for a beak and a wing while the rest of the body was paper.
When there are girls present, like in the American Girl class, you can't go wrong with beads and buttons of all kinds. The "sidekick" to that year's American Girl was a cat, so I drew cat outlines and they decorated them the way they wanted.
I loved this project as well. The American Girl class celebrated Easter with little resurection gardens. The cave or tomb was made from little pots laid on the side. We added a rock for the large stone and I got little crosses off Amazon for super cheap. The kids added the rest. Rocks for a path, flowers, sticks and grass.
The bunny jars were also a fun project. We painted mason jars with white paint and added paper ears to the top.





No comments:
Post a Comment